This policy applies to all data that Flexi Time Planner Limited controls, including data submitted via this website, obtained directly from our clients or potential clients and the data processed and stored by the Flex Planner time recording application.
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. It is important that you read this Policy so that you are aware of how and why we are using your personal information. Please contact us with any specific questions about compliance.
1.0 Our Core Beliefs Regarding User Privacy And Data Protection
Flexi Time Planner Limited and its staff are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and Flex Planner system users; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information:
- Your privacy as a user and protection of your data are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people whose data we collect and process
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed only when absolutely necessary
- We will never sell or rent your data, and will not distribute your data to third parties under any circumstances
2.0 Relevant Legislation
Our website (http://www.flexitimeplanner.com/) and the Flex Planner web based system are designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
This site/system's compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site/system's is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer (details of whom can be found in section 7.0) for clarification.
3.0 Personal Information That We Collect and Why We Collect It
3.1 Information collection via the web site
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
- Contact form data: data collected via the contact form includes your name, your email address and any message you want to send. The data is transferred to us by email.
- Instant quotation form data: data collected via this form includes your name, email address, and information that enables us to create a quotation including your organisation name, the number of users, whether you want a quotation for an inhouse installation or as a cloud service, and optional additional information including your telephone number and any comments provided
In addition the following data is collected when a user accesses any of the web pages on our site:
- We store information that is not personally identifiable about the computer accessing the web site, including the IP address, browser used, location/language and if identifiable the organisation accessing the web page. This information is gathered using StatCounter, whcih we regard as a third party data processor
3.2 Information collection via the Flex Planner web based system
The Flex Planner web system collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
- When a member of your organisation signs up for the Flex Planner system using the registration form, we ask for you consent to use your information for certain purposes.
- The following personal data is stored in a secure database for each user that needs to access the system: first name, last name, email address, user name.
- We store passwords for users in the system - all passwords are encrypted in the database so that they cannot be retrieved by other individuals, including our staff
- We store time recording information entered into the system by users, including working time, annual leave, sickness, meetings and other types of events that you wish to record via the system
- We store the IP address of the user when they record an event in the system. We do not store any information about the user's geographical location. The sole purpose of recording the IP address is to provide you with information about how your users are accessing the Flex Planner system eg by mobile network, home internet or work location
- We only collect information in the Flex Planner System in order to provide services to you, none is distributed to any third parties
4.0 Where the Flex Planner System Data is Stored
The Flex Planner system, and all data related to the Flex Planner system are hosted by an organisation called Simply Cloud. Simply Cloud are a UK based web services provider. You can view information on Simply Clouds's terms and conditions and privacy policies and also their Data Processing Agreement.
All data is stored on a Virtual Server located in Simply Cloud's (UK) datacentre (also known as "Sentronex"). View information about this datacentre.
- All traffic (transferral of data and files) between the Flex Planner system and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
- Traffic between our web site (http://www.flexitimeplanner.com/) and your browser is not encrypted and is delivered over HTTP.
4.1 Data backups
Backups of the Flex Planner system data are performed on a nightly basis and stored in Simply Cloud's backup facilities. Backups are stored for 12 months.
5.0 Our Third Party Data Processors
The following organisations store data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0.
- Simply Cloud - Storage of web applications, database and backups
- StatCounter - Storage of web site visits, only to the web site not the Flex Planner System, none of it personally identifiable
6.0 Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of the Flex Planner's database to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen. We will also notify any organisations affected by a data breach.
7.0 Data Controller
The data controller of this website and the Flex Planner system can be contacted by:
8.1 Version Date
V1 - Policy developed 1st January 2018
V2 - Minor policy wording update on 1st May 2019